Michelle Hunt of Peachy Palate has created an incredibly warming bowl of Mixed Grain Baby Banana & Caramel Oats for the second guest recipe in the #DollardCooks series.
Comforting indulgent bowls of oats are what get us through the mornings! The nut butter caramel is a nice way to switch up your usual bowl of oatmeal, which works incredibly well with some lightly caramalised pan fried baby bananas. A little firmer they hold up beautifully retaining their cute structure so that they can sit delicately, sprinkled with some Dr. Coy’s nutritional chocolate, the end result is as nutritionally rich and satisfying as it is pretty.
- 40g rolled oats
- 20g millet flakes / buckwheat flakes (or you can use 60g of oats)
- 250ml water
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5g) Sarah’s wonderful cinnamon honey
- 1 -2 tbsp Koko dairy free yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 baby bananas
- 1 tsp Dr. Coy’s coconut oil
- ½ tbsp (10g) Sarah’s wonderful cinnamon honey
- 10g Meridian Foods almond butter
- Pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1 square Dr. Coy’s nutritional coconut chocolate bar, chopped
- ½ tsp bee pollen
- Rose petal; optional extra they just make it that bit more pretty
Cook oats with water (millet or buckwheat if using) and cinnamon on the stove top or in the microwave to desired consistency.
Meal slice bananas lengthwise in half and pan fry flat side down in a non stick pan with melted coconut oil. Cook for about 2 minutes per side.
Set on banana to the side and mash the other. Stir through the oats with 1 tsp of honey.
Stir through the dairy free or Greek yogurt.
Mix together honey and almond butter for a quick caramel! Season with a pinch of salt if desired.
Top oats with caramel, banana, and chopped Dr. Coy’s chocolate. Sprinkle with bee pollen and rose petals if desired and dig in!!!
THIS DISH SERVES: 1
PREP TIME: 5 Mins
COOKING TIME: 3 Mins
Mixed Grain Baby Banana Caramel Oats
Michelle Hunt of Peachy Palate has created an incredibly warming bowl of Mixed Grain Baby Banana & Caramel Oats for the second guest recipe in the #Dol